|May 24, 2012||Volume 12 Issue No 5|
Jennifer Joly, Chair
Barry Sehlin, Vice Chair
Jim Clements, Member
Amit Ranade, Member
Jennifer Joly was elected Chair of the Commission for the 2012-2013 term. Barry Sehlin will serve as Vice Chair.
The Commission considered and accepted a stipulation from Tom Stiger, a 2009 commissioner candidate for the Port of Everett. In lieu of an enforcement hearing, Mr. Stiger stipulated to violations of filing contribution and expenditure reports late and not electronically filing when required to do so. Mr. Stiger agreed to a $3,000 penalty, $2,000 of which was suspended on the condition that there are no further violations through 2017 and the non-suspended $1,000 penalty is paid within 30 days.
The Commission approved an emergency rule to implement HB 2210, which extends contribution limits to school board candidates. The amendment to WAC 390-05-400 will adjust the newly enacted limits to be consistent with the limits already in place. Emergency rule making to implement HB 2499, enacting new disclosure requirements for political advertising concerning ballot measures, was continued to the June 28 meeting.
The Commission continued their discussion and review of the agency’s public records rules.
Interpretation No. 95-02 Surplus Funds, was revised to include statutory changes enacted since the interpretation was originally adopted, reference Family PAC v. McKenna et al., and correct statutory references to RCW 42.17A.
Consideration of new or proposed amendments to existing interpretations regarding evolving technology used by campaigns and judicial robes and courtrooms was continued to a future meeting.
A Personal Financial Statement (F-1) reporting modifications was granted to Beverly Grant, Pierce County Superior Court Judge, from disclosing reportable information for her former spouse from whom she was divorced in 2011.
Reporting modifications were renewed for:
· Kristianne Blake, Regent, University of Washington
· Jeffrey H. Brotman, Regent, University of Washington,
· William H. Chapman, Chair, Recreation & Conservation Funding Board,
· Marc Daudon, Executive Board Member, Energy Northwest,
· Francois Forgette, Regent, Washington State University,
· Norman Gutzwiler, Commissioner, Chelan County PUD,
· Steven Hill, Director, Department of Retirement Systems,
· David B. Johnston, School Board Member, Snohomish School District,
· Laura Inveen, King County Superior Court Judge,
· Jennifer Joly, Commissioner, Public Disclosure Commission,
· Linda C. J. Lee, Pierce County Superior Court Judge,
· Kathleen M. O’Sullivan, Commissioner, Commission on Judicial Conduct,
· Orin C. Smith, Regent, University of Washington,
· Nancy Whitten, City Council member, City of Sammamish, and
· Matthew Williams, King County District Court Judge.
The Commission meeting materials can be found at
www.pdc.wa.gov under Commission Meetings.
For additional information concerning these issues contact Lori Anderson, Communications & Training Officer,
at (360) 664-2737, toll free 1-877-601-2828 or e-mail at email@example.com.
The next regular meeting of the Public Disclosure Commission is tentatively scheduled for June 28, 2012.