|May 22, 2013||Volume 13 Issue No 5|
Amit Ranade, Chair
Barry Sehlin, Vice Chair
Grant Degginger, Secretary
Kathy Turner, Member
A public hearing was held and the Commission adopted:
- Amended WAC 390-11-100 Contributions withholding authorizations [to accommodate electronic authorizations].
- Amended WAC 390-18-000 Advertising, political advertising, electioneering communications, and independent expenditures and
- Amended WAC 390-18-025 Advertising – Identification of “top five contributors” [to include the “top five” disclosure requirement for certain ballot measure advertisements].
- Amended WAC 390-05-290 Definition – Political Advertising,
- Amended WAC 390-05-520 Periodical,
- Amended WAC 390-18-030 Advertising – Exemptions from identification,
- Amended WAC 390-17-405 Volunteer services and
- New WAC 390-18-015 Online political advertising [to include sponsor ID requirements for campaign activity on the Internet}.
The Commission granted a Personal Financial Statement (F-1) reporting modification for Carol Nelson, Director, Department of Revenue, from disclosing business and other governmental customers that paid $10,000 or more to non-profit entities on whose boards she sits: namely, Volunteers of America Western Washington, Seattle University, Washington Bankers Association, and Premera Blue Cross. The exemption also applies to the business and other governmental customers of Housing Hope Properties, a non-profit entity for whom her husband is a board member.
Reporting modifications exempting individuals from completing certain sections of the Personal Financial Affairs Statement (F-1) were renewed for:
· Andrea Darvas, Judge, King County Superior Court,
· Theresa Doyle, Judge, King County Superior Court,
· Elizabeth Martin, Judge, Pierce County Superior Court
· Dan Kristiansen, State Representative, 39th Legislative District, and
· Mark Thompson, Commissioner, Thurston County Fire Dist. 5.
The Commission meeting materials can be found at
www.pdc.wa.gov under Commission Meetings.
For additional information concerning these issues contact Lori Anderson, Communications & Training Officer,
at (360) 664-2737, toll free 1-877-601-2828 or e-mail at email@example.com.
The next regular meeting of the Public Disclosure Commission is tentatively scheduled for June 27, 2013.