|April 26, 2012||Volume 12 Issue No 4|
Barry Sehlin, Chair
Jennifer Joly, Vice Chair
Jim Clements, Member
Amit Ranade, Member
The Commission dismissed a 45-day citizen action letter alleging multiple violations of campaign finance disclosure laws by Move Bellevue Forward, Suzanne Baugh, and John Su.
Following a public hearing, the Commission adopted amendments to WAC 390-05-400 Changes in Dollar Amounts. The amendments insert and adjust limits on contributions made to mayor and city council candidates.
The Commission continued their discussion and review of the agency’s public records rules.
Revisions were made to:
Interpretation No. 06-01 Servicemembers’ Civil Relief Acts and PDC Filings, incorporating recent amendments to the State Service Members’ Civil Relief Act (RCW 38.42);
Interpretation No. 96-04 “21-day period” – Definition, referencing the federal court ruling issued in Family PAC v. McKenna et al.; and
Interpretation No. 94-02 Intra-party Transfers, integrating statutory changes enacted since the interpretation was originally adopted and referencing Family PAC v. McKenna et al.
The revisions also correct statutory references to RCW 42.17A.
Personal Financial Statement (F-1) reporting modifications were granted tor:
Christine Schaller, Thurston County Superior Court Judge candidate, from reporting the business and other governmental customers who, during the 12 months prior to Ms. Schaller’s becoming a candidate, paid $10,000 or more to Moss Adams LLP, a CPA firm of which her spouse is a partner, and
William Ayer, Regent, University of Washington, from disclosing 1) business customers who, during the 12 months prior to his appointment, paid $10,000 to Alaska Air Group, an entity for which he is the CEO, and 2) business and other governmental customers that, during the same period of time, paid $10,000 or more to Puget Sound Energy, an entity for which he is Chairman of the Board of Directors.
Reporting modifications were renewed for:
· Bruce Dammeier, State Representative, 25th Legislative District,
· Karen Donohue, Municipal Court Judge, City of Seattle,
· Deborah Ehrlichman, Shoreline School District Board Member,
· William H. Gates, Regent, University of Washington,
· Elizabeth Pike Martin, Superior Court Judge, Pierce County,
· Edward J. McKenna, Municipal Court Judge, City of Seattle,
· Kris Mikkelsen, Trustee, Eastern Washington University,
· Glenn M. Phillips, Municipal Court Judge, City of Seattle,
· Charles Quentin Powers, Trustee, Edmonds Community College,
· Rodney Reid, Port Commissioner, Port of Waterman,
· Palmer Robinson, Superior Court Judge, King County,
· Steven Rosen, Municipal Court Judge, City of Seattle,
· Claire Sussman, District Court Judge, Pierce County,
· Lucinda Whaley, Member, WA St Parks & Recreation Commission,
· Robert H. Whaley, Trustee, Eastern Washington University, and
· David Wilson, Shoreline School Board Member.
The Commission meeting materials can be found at
www.pdc.wa.gov under Commission Meetings.
For additional information concerning these issues contact Lori Anderson, Communications & Training Officer,
at (360) 664-2737, toll free 1-877-601-2828 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The next regular meeting of the Public Disclosure Commission is tentatively scheduled for May 24, 2012.