Washington State Public Disclosure Commission
Meeting Location: Spokane Convention Center | Room 402
334 West Spokane Falls BLVD | Spokane, WA 99201
Note that this agenda is subject to change. Please check the ** PDC website ** for the current version.
The Public Disclosure Commission Meeting will be streamed live on TVW at WAPDC.06.22.23Commission members and PDC staff may attend in-person or remotely.
Written public comment can be submitted online at: SUBMIT PUBLIC COMMENT
Public Comment period is at 12:00 PM. To provide public comment remotely during comment period please email email@example.com prior to the start of the meeting to obtain information on how to participate.
Note: To ensure timely distribution, please submit materials related to the public comment portion by Tuesday 06.20.23, by 5 P.M. to allow time for the Commission and staff to review.
All times shown for consideration of agenda items (other than the time of convening) are approximate and may vary, depending on the amount of discussion required for each.
- 11:30 a.m. Executive Session
Discussion of matters allowed in executive session pursuant to RCW 42.30.110, including but not limited to, discussion of enforcement matters and pending and potential litigation with legal counsel, and review of performance of public employees. Possible action regarding pending litigation, or other matters properly discussed during executive session, will be taken following the executive session.
- 12:00 p.m. Chair Opening Comments and Public Comment Period
- 12:20 p.m. Consideration and Possible Approval of Meeting Minutes
- May 25, 2023
- 12:25 p.m. Lobbying Disclosure Updates
- 1:00 p.m. Enforcement
- PDC case 138097 Joshua Quantrell, former Commissioner for the Klickitat Recreation District. PDC staff is alleging that Quantrell violated RCW 42.17A.700 by failing to file a Personal Financial Affairs Statement (F-1 report), due no later than April 17, 2023, disclosing financial information for calendar year 2022.
- PDC case 138099 Jonathon Rodeback, Director for Toutle Lake School District. PDC staff is alleged Rodeback violated RCW 42.17A.700 by failing to file a Personal Financial Affairs Statement (F-1 report), due no later than April 17, 2023, disclosing financial information for calendar year 2022.
- 1:30 p.m. Enforcement
- Zack Zappone, former candidate for state Representative and current Spokane City Council member. Alleged violation of RCW 42.17A.235 and .240 by failing to file the required individual contributor information for surplus funds transferred as a lump sum from his 2020 campaign for State Representative to his 2021 campaign for Spokane City Council.
- 2:00 p.m. Enforcement Issues/Use of Public Facilities in Elections
- 2:40 p.m. Update on digital political ads research
- Presentation by Travis Ridout of Washington State University and the Wesleyan Media Project
- 3:00 p.m. BREAK
- 3:10 p.m. PDC budget for 2023-25 and use of Transparency Account
- 3:20 p.m. Overview of 2023 legislation session and discussion of policy proposals for 2024 session
- 3:45 p.m. Election Law Update
- Vicky Dalton, Spokane Co Auditor, and Marianne Nichols, Pend Oreille Co Auditor
- 4:15 p.m. Election of Commission Chair and Vice Chair per WAC 390-05-100
- 4:30 p.m. Adjourn
The Commission may deliberate in closed session on any enforcement matter on this agenda or any matters listed in RCW 42.30.110.