Public Disclosure Commission
711 Capitol Way, Room 206
Olympia, Washington 98504
Note that this agenda is subject to change. Please check the PDC website for the current version.
Public Disclosure Commission
711 Capitol Way, Room 206 | Olympia, Washington
Note: All times shown for consideration of agenda items (other than the time of convening) are approximate and may vary, depending on the amount of discussion required for each.
COVID 19 update: The Public Disclosure Commission Meeting will be streamed live at https://www.youtube.com/user/WASTPDC/live. Commission members and staff will join the meeting remotely.
The Public Comment period is at 9:30 a.m. To provide public comment via conference line during this time please call 1-360-522-0670 prior to the start of the meeting to obtain information on how to participate.
Public comments can also be submitted online at SUBMIT PUBLIC COMMENT
- 9:30 AM Commission Chair Jarrett Opening Comments
- Farewell to BG Sandahl, Deputy Director
- 9:40 a.m. Election of Commission Chair and Vice-Chair per WAC 390-05-100
- 9:45 a.m. Public Comment Period
- 9:55 a.m. Consideration and Possible Approval of Meeting Minutes
- May 27, 2021 Regular Meeting
- 10:00 a.m. Reporting Modification Requests | Jennifer Hansen, Compliance Officer, Tabatha Blacksmith, Compliance Coordinator, and Tabitha Townsend, Compliance Coordinator
- Val Barschaw – County Clerk, Kittitas County WAC 390-28-100(1)(d)
- Sally Caverzan – County Council Candidate, King County WAC 390-28-100(1)(d)
- Richard Hartman – City Council Member Candidate, City of Ocean Shores WAC 390-28-100(1)(b) & WAC 390-28-100(1)(e)(iii)
- Theresa Ann Richardson – City Council Member Candidate, City of Richland WAC 390-28-100(1)(e)(iv)
- Joseph C. Pratt – Fire Commissioner Candidate, King Fire Protection District 40 WAC 390-28-100(1)(e)(iv)
- 11:10 a.m. Legislative and Budget Update | Peter Frey Lavallee, Executive Director and Diann Lewallen, Senior Financial Consultant, DES
- 11:20 a.m. Review and possible adoption of 6-Month Rulemaking Agenda | BG Sandahl, Deputy Director and Sean Flynn, General Counsel
- 12:00 p.m. Break/Executive Session
Discussion of matters allowed in executive session pursuant to RCW 42.30.110, including but not limited to, discussion of enforcement matters and pending and potential litigation with legal counsel, and review of performance of public employees. Possible action regarding pending litigation, or other matters properly discussed during executive session, will be taken following the executive session.
- 1:00 p.m. Strategic Plan Discussion
- Audits – Commissioner Isserlis; Kurt Young, Compliance Officer; and Erick Agina, Compliance Officer
- Enforcement Process Map – Commissioner Downing and Alice Fiman, Compliance Officer
- Campaign Reporting Modernization – Commissioner Jarrett and James Gutholm, Chief Information Officer
- Demonstration of Campaign Reporting Finance Modernization
- Digital Political Advertising Disclosure – Commissioner Lehman; Sean Flynn, General Counsel; and Kim Bradford, Communications and Outreach Director
- Training Program Expansion – Commissioner Jarrett and Kim Bradford, Communications and Outreach Director
- 1:20 p.m. Management Team Updates
- Executive Director Update | Peter Frey Lavallee, Executive Director
- Deputy Director Update | BG Sandahl, Deputy Director
- IT Activity Report | James Gutholm, Chief Information Officer
- Communications, Outreach and Filer Assistance update | Kim Bradford, Communications and Outreach Director
- 1:40 p.m. Enforcement Updates | Kurt Young, Compliance Officer
- Enforcement Report – Categorization and Status of Open Complaints
- Completed Investigations and Alternative Resolutions
- 1:50 p.m. Adjourn
The Commission may deliberate in closed session on any enforcement matter on this agenda, or any matters listed in RCW 42.30.140.
Read highlights of the June 24, 2021 meeting.