Pursuant to the brief enforcement hearing (brief adjudicative proceeding) notice sent to KRISTIANA JOHNSON on August 16, 2018, A brief adjudicative proceeding was held on September 24, 2018, in Room 206, Evergreen Plaza Building, 711 Capitol Way, Olympia, Washington, to consider whether the Respondent violated RCW 42.17A.700 by failing to file a Personal Financial Affairs Statement (F-1 report) as an incumbent official, which was due to be filed not later than April 16, 2018, disclosing financial activities for calendar year 2017.
The hearing was held in accordance with Chapters 34.05 RCW and 42.17A RCW and Chapter 390-37 WAC. Commission Chair Anne Levinson was the Presiding Officer. The Commission staff was represented by Fox Blackhorn-Delph, Compliance Coordinator. The Respondent did not participate in the hearing or submit any written materials.
Having considered the evidence, the Presiding Officer finds as follows:
1. This matter was duly and properly convened and all jurisdictional, substantive, and procedural requirements have been satisfied.
2. The Respondent violated RCW 42.17A.700 by failing to file the F-1 report by April 16, 2018.
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that the Respondent is assessed a civil penalty of $250, in accordance with the F-1 penalty schedule set forth in WAC 390-37-143, payable within 30 days of the date of the Order.
The PDC received a payment of $100 on September 25, 2018, which has been credited toward the penalty.
It is further ordered that the Respondent:
1. Pay the $150 civil penalty within 30 days of the date of this Order.
2. “Cease and desist” from failing to file the required PDC reports in accordance with RCW 42.17A.755(4).
3. File the missing F-1 report disclosing financial activity for calendar year 2017 within 30 days of the date of this Order.
Violation Found by Commission (Resolved 10/05/2018)
In the event the Respondent fails to pay the $150 civil penalty within 30 days of the date of the Order, PDC staff is directed to refer the matter to the Department of Enterprise Services (DES) for collection of the amount owed.