This matter was heard by the Washington State Public Disclosme Commission (Commission) on October 25, 2018, at the Public Disclosure Commission Office, 711 Capitol Way, Room 206, Olympia, Washington 98504. The hearing was held pursuant to Chapter 34.05 RCW, Chapter42.17A RCW, and Title 390-37 WAC.
Commissioners present were Anne Levinson, Commission Chair (presiding); David Ammons, Commission Vice-Chair; and Commissioner and William Downing. Also present were Assistant Attorney General John S. Meader representing the Commission; Fox Blackhom-Delph, PDC Compliance Coordinator; Tabatha Blacksmith, PDC Compliance Coordinator; and Assistant Attorney General Chad Standifer on behalf of PDC Staff. Respondent Ronald Busby did not participate in the proceeding. The proceeding was open to the public and recorded.
The hearing concerned allegations that Respondent violated RCW 42.17 A. 700 by failing to file a Personal Financial Affairs Statement (F-1 report) for calendar year 2017, due not later than April 16, 2018.
CONCLUSIONS OF LAW
1. The Commission has jurisdiction over this proceeding pursuant to Chapter 42.17 A RCW, the State campaign finance and disclosure law; Chapter 34.05 RCW, the Administrative Procedure Act; and Title 390 WAC.
2. RCW 42.l 7A.700 states in part: "After January 1st and before April 15th of each year, every elected official and every executive state officer shall file with the commission a statement of financial affairs for the preceding calendar year."
3. WAC 390-24-025 states in part: "Any person holding elected public office, except as exempted by the terms of RCW 42.17 A. 700, ... is required to file the statement of financial affairs if such person holds such public office between January 1 and April 15 of any year. Such report shall be for the preceding calendar year."
4. Respondent Ronald Busby violated RCW 42.17A.700 by failing to timely file a Personal Financial Affairs Statement (F-1 report) for calendar year 2017, but mitigating circumstances prevented him from completing his filing.
1. The Initial Order is AMENDED and Respondent Ronald Busby's total civil penalty of $250 is vacated on the condition that he file his F-1 report by November 2, 2018. If the F-1 report is not filed by that date, the total civil penalty of $250 is due and payable within 30 days of the date of this order without further action by the Commission.
2. Respondent Ronald Busby shall timely file future F-1 reports as required by Chapter 42.17A RCW.