Pursuant to the brief enforcement hearing (brief adjudicative proceeding) notice sent to NICHOLAS HENDERSON on August 16, 2018, A brief adjudicative proceeding was held on September 24, 2018, in Room 206, Evergreen Plaza Building, 711 Capitol Way, Olympia, Washington, to consider whether the Respondent violated RCW 42.17A.205 by failing to file a Candidate Registration (C-1 report) as a candidate for the 2018 election cycle. The C-1 report was due to be filed within two weeks of declaring candidacy, or not later than June 1, 2018.
The hearing was held in accordance with Chapters 34.05 RCW and 42.17A RCW and Chapter 390-37 WAC. Commission Chair Anne Levinson was the Presiding Officer. The Commission staff was represented by Tabatha Blacksmith, Compliance Coordinator. The Respondent did not participate in the hearing or submit any written materials.
Having considered the evidence, the Presiding Officer finds as follows:
1. This matter was duly and properly convened and all jurisdictional, substantive, and procedural requirements have been satisfied.
2. The Respondent violated RCW 42.17A.205 by failing to file the C-1 report within two weeks of declaring candidacy or by June 1, 2018.
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that the Respondent is assessed a civil penalty of $500, in accordance with the C-1 penalty schedule set forth in WAC 390-37-143, payable within 30 days of the date of the Order. It is further ordered that the Respondent:
1. Pay the $500 civil penalty within 30 days of the date of this Order.
2. “Cease and desist” from failing to file the required PDC report in accordance with RCW 42.17A.755(4).
3. File the missing C-1 report within 30 days of the date of this Order.
In the event the Respondent fails to pay the $500 civil penalty within 30 days of the date of the Order, PDC staff is directed to refer the matter to the Department of Enterprise Services (DES) for collection of the amount owed.