Public Disclosure Commission
711 Capitol Way, Room 206
Olympia, Washington 98504
Note that this agenda is subject to change. Please check the PDC website for the current version.
Public Disclosure Commission
711 Capitol Way, Room 206 | Olympia, Washington
Note: All times shown for consideration of agenda items (other than the time of convening) are approximate and may vary, depending on the amount of discussion required for each.
COVID 19 update: The Public Disclosure Commission Meeting will be streamed live at https://www.youtube.com/user/WASTPDC/live. Commission members and staff will join the meeting remotely.
The Public Comment period is at 9:30 a.m. To provide public comment via conference line during this time please call 1-360-522-2372 prior to the start of the meeting to obtain information on how to participate.
Public comments can also be submitted online at SUBMIT PUBLIC COMMENT
- 9:30 AM Commission Chair Jarrett Opening Comments and Public Comment Period
- 9:40 AM Consideration and Possible Approval of Meeting Minutes
- March 25, 2021
- 9:45 AM Legislative Update | Sean Flynn, General Counsel and BG Sandahl, Deputy Director
- 9:50 AM Budget | Peter Frey Lavallee, Executive Director and Chad Johnson, Senior Financial Consultant, DES
- 10:00 AM Interpretation - Surplus Funds | Sean Flynn, General Counsel
- Staff Presentation of Updated Draft Interpretation re the Designation and Use of Surplus Funds, including public comments received.
- Commission Consideration and Possible Adoption of Interpretation.
- 10:30 AM Annual F-1 Enforcement (Continuance from March 25, 2021 Commission Meeting) | Tabatha Townsend, Compliance Coordinator
- PDC Case 80283 – Justyn Turner, a former School Director for Mary Walker School District 207. PDC staff is alleging that the respondent violated RCW 42.17A.700 by failing to file a Personal Financial Affairs Statement (F-1 report) due no later than April 15, 2020, disclosing financial information for calendar year 2019.
- 10:45 AM Annual F-1 Enforcement | Tabitha Townsend, Compliance Coordinator
- PDC Case 80210 – Olivia Deleon, a former School Director for Mount Vernon School District 320. PDC staff is alleging that the respondent violated RCW 42.17A.700 by failing to file a Personal Financial Affairs Statement (F-1 report) due no later than April 15, 2020, disclosing financial information for calendar year 2019 and failure to file a Personal Financial Affairs Statement (F-1 report) due no later than April 15, 2019, disclosing financial information for calendar year 2018.
- 11:00 AM Reporting Modification Request | Jennifer Hansen, Compliance Officer
- 11:15 AM Management Team Updates
- Executive Director Update | Peter Frey Lavallee, Executive Director
- Deputy Director Update | BG Sandahl, Deputy Director
- IT Activity Report | James Gutholm, Chief Information Officer
- Communications, Outreach and Filer Assistance update | Kim Bradford, Communications and Outreach Director
- 11:20 AM Strategic Plan Update
- Audits – Commissioner Isserlis; Kurt Young, Compliance Officer; and Erick Agina, Compliance Officer
- Enforcement Process Map – Commissioner Downing and Alice Fiman, Compliance Officer
- Campaign Reporting Modernization – Commissioner Jarrett and James Gutholm, Chief Information Officer
- Digital Political Advertising Disclosure – Commissioner Lehman; Sean Flynn, General Counsel; and Kim Bradford, Communications and Outreach Director
- Training Program Expansion – Commissioner Jarrett and Kim Bradford, Communications and Outreach Director
- 11:30 AM Enforcement Updates | Kurt Young, Compliance Officer
- Enforcement Report – Categorization and Status of Open Complaints
- Completed Investigations and Alternative Resolutions
- 12:00 PM Break/Executive Session
Discussion of matters allowed in executive session pursuant to RCW 42.30.110, including but not limited to, discussion of enforcement matters and pending and potential litigation with legal counsel, and review of performance of public employees. Possible action regarding pending litigation, or other matters properly discussed during executive session, will be taken following the executive session.
- 1:00 PM Adjourn
The Commission may deliberate in closed session on any enforcement matter on this agenda, or any matters listed in RCW 42.30.140.
Read highlights of the April 22, 2021 meeting.