Public Disclosure Commission
711 Capitol Way, Room 206 | Olympia, Washington 98504
Note: All times shown for consideration of agenda items (other than time of convening) are approximate and may vary, depending on the amount of discussion required for each.
- 9:30 AM Convene
- Introduction of New Commissioner
- Public Comment
- 9:35 AM Approval of Meeting Minutes
- December 7, 2017 Regular Meeting
- 9:40 AM Rules
- Final adoption of compliance to new Public Records Act requirements amending WAC 390-14-025, WAC 390-14-028 and WAC 390-14-030.
- Removal of raising the contribution thresholds from rulemaking for 2018 because the inflationary adjustments have not yet exceeded the 2016 adjustments.
BG Sandahl, Deputy Director
- 10:00 AM Enforcement Hearing
John & Laurie Knutsen, PDC Case 24298, involving alleged violations during the 2017 Puyallup City Council elections of RCW 42.17A.305 by failing to timely file a C-6 special report disclosing an electioneering communication, and RCW 42.17A.320 by failing to include sponsor identification on an electioneering communication that was also political advertising.
Chad Standifer, AAG and Phil Stutzman, Compliance Officer
- 11:30 AM Compliance and Enforcement Update
- Open complaints
- Completed investigations and alternative resolutions
- Status of enforcement litigation
Kurt Young, Compliance Officer
- 1:00 PM Executive Director and Deputy Director Updates
- Discussion of proposed legislation affecting the PDC and possible Commission action
- Strategic Plan
Peter Lavallee, Executive Director and BG Sandahl, Deputy Director
- 12:00 PM Executive Session
Discussion of matters allowed in executive session pursuant to RCW 42.30.110, including but not limited to discussion of enforcement matters, pending and potential litigation with legal counsel. Possible action regarding pending litigation, or other matters properly discussed during executive session, will be taken following the executive session.
- 1:30 PM Information Technology Report
Jim Coleman, ITS5
- 1:45 PM Communications and Outreach Report
- Annual Report
- Process Improvement Highlight - Training (Skype)
Kim Bradford, Communications and Outreach Director
The Commission may deliberate in closed session on any enforcement matter on this agenda, or any matters listed in RCW 42.30.140.