Public Disclosure Commission
711 Capital Way, Room 206 | Olympia, Washington 98504
Note: All times shown for consideration of agenda items (other than time of convening) are approximate and may vary, depending on the amount of discussion required for each.
- 9:30 AM - I. Citizen Comments/Concerns | Commissioner Comments/Concerns | Minutes
Approval of regular meeting minutes of June 27, 2013
Approval of special meeting minutes of July 10, 2013
Presenter - Chair Ranade
- 9:35 AM - IV. Rulemaking
Rulemaking development agenda
Presenter - Lori Anderson
- 9:55 AM - V. Informational
- Other states’ approaches to agency funding
- Non-profits and campaign activity
Presenters - Michael Woo; Cullen Gatten
- 10:10 AM - VI. IT Funding and Spending
Presenters - Michael Smith; Andrea McNamara Doyle
- 10:30 AM - VII. Compliance
- Routine, moderately complex, complex case classifications
- Possible development of PDC compliance and enforcement manual
- Status report of pending complaints and investigations
Presenters - Phil Stutzman; Andrea McNamara Doyle
- 10:50 AM - Break
- 11:00 AM - VIII. Personal Financial Affairs Reporting
Presenters - Andrea McNamara Doyle; Lori Anderson
- 11:30 AM - IX. Legislative Budget Update
Presenter - Andrea McNamara Doyle
- 11:35 AM - X. Agency Request Legislation
Staff recommendations for 2014 session
Presenter - Andrea McNamara Doyle
- 11:45 AM - XI. Reporting Modifications
- 12:00 PM - Executive Session/Working Lunch
- Discussion of pending and potential litigation with legal counsel. Possible action regarding litigation following the executive session.
- Performance review of Executive Director
- 1:00 PM - XII. Staff Reports
- Executive Director
- Chief Technology Officer
Presenters - Andrea McNamara Doyle; Michael Smith
- 1:10 PM - Adjourn
The Commission may deliberate in closed session on any enforcement matter on this agenda, or any matters listed in RCW 42.30.140.
July 25, 2013, Volume 13 Issue No 6
Amit Ranade, Chair
Grant Degginger, Vice Chair
Barry Sehlin, Member
Kathy Turner, Member
The Commission granted new Personal Financial Statement (F-1) reporting modification for:
Bruce MacIntyre, candidate, Port of Kingston, from disclosing business customers that paid $10,000 or more to Perkins Coie, a law firm in which Mr. MacIntyre had been a partner until retiring shortly before becoming a candidate. Commissioner Ranade has disclosed the identity of the clients he had done work for in 2012 and other clients named on the firm’s website and promotional materials as well as the firm’s governmental clients.
Kalo Wilcox, Judge, Thurston County District Court, from disclosing her residential address, parcel number, or legal description on the F-1 and all other filings submitted to the PDC. The exemption was granted based on the filer’s assertion that she has received threats of bodily harm. The Commission grantedJudge Wilcox’s request to have her residential address or other identifying information redacted from past filings.
A reporting modification for the Personal Financial Affairs Statement (F-1) was renewed for:Steven T. O’Ban, Senator, 28th Legislative District.
The Commission meeting materials can be found at www.pdc.wa.gov under Commission Meetings. For additional information concerning these issues contact Lori Anderson, Communications & Training Officer, at (360) 664-2737, toll free 1-877-601-2828 or e-mail at email@example.com.
The next regular meeting of the Public Disclosure Commission is tentatively scheduled for August 22, 2013.