Public Disclosure Commission
711 Capitol Way, Room 206
Olympia, Washington 98504
Note that this agenda is subject to change. Please check the PDC website for the current version.
Note: All times shown for consideration of agenda items (other than time of convening) are approximate and may vary, depending on the amount of discussion required for each.
- 9:30 AM Convene and Public Comment
- Public Comment
- 9:40 AM Approval of Meeting Minutes
- April 25, 2019 Regular Meeting Minutes
- 9:45 AM Legislative Update
- Status of enactment of HB 1195 (agency request)
- Implementation of HB 1195; HB 1375 (port district contribution limits); and HB 1379 (PAC-to-PAC political advertisement donor identification)
- 10:00 AM Rulemaking
- Possible adoption of emergency rules to implement HB 1195
- Proposed permanent rulemaking schedule for 2019 legislation
- 10:45 AM Proposed Approach and Schedule for Financial affairs (F-1) Stakeholder Outreach
- 11:30 AM Enforcement—Request For Reconsideration Hearing
On October 25, 2018, Carla Marconi, an incumbent School Director for Grand Coulee Dam School District and incumbent Parks & Recreation Commissioner for Coulee Area Park & Recreation District, was found in violation of RCW 42.17A.700 for failing to timely file a Personal Financial Affairs Statement (F-1 report) due no later than April 16, 2018, disclosing financial activities for calendar year 2017. At that hearing, a $500 penalty was assessed, which Carla Marconi requests be reconsidered by the full Public Disclosure Commission.
- 12:00 PM Executive Session
Discussion of matters allowed in executive session pursuant to RCW 42.30.110, including but not limited to, discussion of enforcement matters and pending and potential litigation with legal counsel. Possible action regarding pending litigation, or other matters properly discussed during executive session, will be taken following the executive session.
- 1:30 PM Reporting Modification Requests
- Claire Sussman – Judge, Pierce County District Court WAC 390-28-100(1)(d)
- Linda CJ Lee – Judge, Court of Appeals Division 2 WAC 390-28-100(d) & WAC 390-28-100(1)(e)(iv) (Participating via phone)
- Lisa Janicki – County Commissioner, Skagit County WAC 390-28-100(1)(e)(iv)
- Bruce Dammeier – County Executive, Pierce County WAC 390-28-100(1)(b)
- 1:50 PM Enforcement and Compliance Update
- Enforcement Report – Categorization and Status of Open Complaints
- Completed Investigations and Alternative Resolutions
- 2:10 PM Interpretations Update
- 2:20 PM Management Team Updates
- Executive Director | Peter Lavallee, Executive Director
- Budget Update | Chad Johnson, Budget Analyst, Department of Enterprise Services
- Communications, Outreach and Filer Assistance update | Kim Bradford, Director of Communications and Outreach
- IT Activity Report | James Gutholm, Chief Technology Officer
- Demonstration of Campaign Registration Application
- 2:40 PM Strategic Plan Update
- 3:40 PM Annual Review of PDC Penalty Schedule
- 4:05 PM Process Improvement Spotlight
- IT testing before deployment process
The Commission may deliberate in closed session on any enforcement matter on this agenda, or any matters listed in RCW 42.30.140.