Public Disclosure Commission
711 Capitol Way, Room 206
Olympia, Washington 98504
Note that this agenda is subject to change. Please check the PDC website for the current version.
Public Disclosure Commission
711 Capitol Way, Room 206 | Olympia, Washington
Note: All times shown for consideration of agenda items (other than the time of convening) are approximate and may vary, depending on the amount of discussion required for each.
COVID 19 update: The Public Disclosure Commission Meeting will be streamed live at https://www.youtube.com/user/WASTPDC/live. Commission members and staff will join the meeting remotely.
The Public Comment period is at 9:30 a.m. To provide public comment via conference line during this time please call 1-360-522-0670 prior to the start of the meeting to obtain information on how to participate.
Public comments can also be submitted online at SUBMIT PUBLIC COMMENT
- 9:30 AM Commission Chair Jarrett Opening Comments and Public Comment Period
- 9:40 AM Consideration and Possible Approval of Meeting Minutes
- April 22, 2021
- 9:45 AM Legislative and Budget Update | Peter Frey Lavallee, Executive Director and Chad Johnson, Senior Financial Consultant, DES
- 10:00 AM Commission Consideration and Possible Adoption of Interpretation | Sean Flynn, General Counsel
- Staff Presentation of Updated Draft Interpretation re the Designation and Use of Surplus Funds.
- 10:20 AM Enforcement Hearing (Possible Stipulation) | Chad Standifer, AAG; Phil Stutzman, Compliance Officer
- 10:45 AM Petition for Declaratory Order | Chad Standifer, AAG; Phil Stutzman, Compliance Officer
- Consideration and Possible Commission Action Regarding Petition for Declaratory Order by Committee to Recall Benton County Sheriff Jerry Hatcher.
- 11:00 AM Reporting Modification Requests | Jennifer Hansen, Compliance Officer
- Lauren J. King – Commission Member, Gambling Commission WAC 390-28-100(1)(d)
- Harlan R. Gallinger – School Director, Issaquah School District 411 WAC 390-28-100(1)(d)
- Elizabeth G. Macphee – Regent/Trustee, University of Washington WAC 390-28-100(1)(d)
- Christon Skinner – Regent/Trustee, Skagit Valley College & Judge, Island County Superior Court WAC 390-28-100(1)(d)
- Sara Rolfs – School Director, Pinnacles Prep Charter School WAC 390-28-100(1)(e)(iv)
- 12:00 PM Break/Executive Session
Discussion of matters allowed in executive session pursuant to RCW 42.30.110, including but not limited to, discussion of enforcement matters and pending and potential litigation with legal counsel, and review of performance of public employees. Possible action regarding pending litigation, or other matters properly discussed during executive session, will be taken following the executive session.
- 1:00 PM Strategic Plan Discussion and Possible Adjustment
- Discussion and Possible Adjustment of Strategic Plan
- Audits – Commissioner Isserlis; Kurt Young, Compliance Officer; and Erick Agina, Compliance Officer
- Enforcement Process Map – Commissioner Downing and Alice Fiman, Compliance Officer
- Campaign Reporting Modernization – Commissioner Jarrett and James Gutholm, Chief Information Officer
- Demonstration of Campaign Reporting Finance Modernization
- Digital Political Advertising Disclosure – Commissioner Lehman; Sean Flynn, General Counsel; and Kim Bradford, Communications and Outreach Director
- Training Program Expansion – Commissioner Jarrett and Kim Bradford, Communications and Outreach Director
- 1:20 PM L-2 ENFORCEMENT (Request for Review) | Tabatha Blacksmith, Compliance Coordinator
During a Brief Enforcement Hearing held on April 1, 2021, Courtney Blatz was found to have violated RCW 42.17A.615 for failure to timely file monthly lobbying reports (L2 reports) with the Public Disclosure Commission (PDC) no later than the 15th of each month for the prior month's activities. At the April 1, 2021 Brief Enforcement Hearing, an Order imposing a $900 penalty was entered with $450 suspended, which Courtney Blatz now requests the Commission review.
- 1:35 PM Enforcement Hearing (Possible Stipulation) | Alice Fiman, Compliance Officer
PDC Case 82077, Kitsap County Republican Party for alleged violation of RCW 42.17A.405 and WAC 390-05-400 by accepting contributions from a corporation and a political committee that exceeded contribution limits for a bona fide political party committee for calendar years 2016, 2017, 2019 and 2020.
- 2:00 PM Petition for Declaratory Order | Sean Flynn, General Counsel
- Consideration and Possible Commission Action Regarding Petition for Declaratory Order by Institute for Free Speech regarding Potential Reporting of Legal Representation of Tim Eyman.
- 3:00 PM Management Team Updates
- Executive Director Update | Peter Frey Lavallee, Executive Director
- Deputy Director Update
- IT Activity Report | James Gutholm, Chief Information Officer
- Communications, Outreach and Filer Assistance update | Kim Bradford, Communications and Outreach Director
- 3:30 PM Enforcement Updates | Kurt Young, Compliance Officer
- Enforcement Report – Categorization and Status of Open Complaints
- Completed Investigations and Alternative Resolutions
- 3:45 PM Adjourn
The Commission may deliberate in closed session on any enforcement matter on this agenda, or any matters listed in RCW 42.30.140.
Read highlights of the May 27, 2021 meeting