Public Disclosure Commission
711 Capitol Way, Room 206 | Olympia, Washington 98504
Watch meeting LIVE or Watch meeting Video |Special Meetings and Brief Hearings are audio recorded. Click/expand an agenda item to make audio link visible
Note: All times shown for consideration of agenda items (other than time of convening) are approximate and may vary, depending on the amount of discussion required for each.
- 9:40 AM Approval of Meeting Minutes
- October 26, 2017 Regular meeting minutes
- October 26, 2017 Special meeting minutes
- 9:50 AM 2018 Proposed Commission Meeting Dates
- 9:55 AM Rules
- 10:15 AM Enforcement | Requests For Reconsideration
On August 23, 2017, Kimberly Allen, an incumbent City Council Member, was found in violation of RCW 42.17A.700 for failure to timely file a Personal Financial Affairs Statement (F-1 report) due no later than April 17, 2017, disclosing financial information for calendar year 2016. At that hearing, a $250 penalty was assessed, with $50 suspended, which Kimberly Allen requests be reviewed by the full Public Disclosure Commission.
On August 23, 2017, David Tellessen, a candidate for Fire Commissioner of the Pend Orielle Fire Protection District 04, was found in violation of RCW 42.17A.700 for failure to timely file a Personal Financial Affairs Statement (F-1 report) due to be filed within two weeks of declaring candidacy or no later than June 2, 2017, disclosing financial information for the preceding twelve months. At that hearing, a $250 penalty was assessed, which David Tellessen requests be reviewed by the full Public Disclosure Commission.
- 11:00 AM Executive Director and Deputy Director Updates
- 11:30 AM Information Technology Report
- 11:40 AM Communications and Outreach Report
- 11:45 AM Process Improvement Highlight - Auto-Filled Case Closure Letters Through FreshDesk
- 12:00 PM Lunch
- 1:00 PM Enforcement
- House Republican Organizational Committee (PDC Case 9208): PDC staff alleges that the House Republican Organizational Committee violated RCW 42.17A.235 and 42.17A.240 by failing to timely disclose $85,000 in monetary contributions made to seven 2016 candidates for State Representative and one bona-fide political party organization on Summary Campaign Contribution and Expenditure reports (C-4 reports).
- The Reagan Fund (PDC Case 9343): PDC staff alleges that The Reagan Fund violated RCW 42.17A.235 and 42.17A.240 by failing to timely disclose $84,640 in expenditures for contributions to political party organizations and political committees, as well as expenditures for political advertising, surveys and research, and get-out-the-vote telephone calls.
- 1:45 PM Compliance and Enforcement Update
- Open complaints
- Completed investigations and alternative resolutions
- Status of enforcement litigation
- 2:00 PM Executive Session
Discussion of matters allowed in executive session pursuant to RCW 42.30.110, including but not limited to discussion of enforcement matters, pending and potential litigation with legal counsel. Possible action regarding pending litigation, or other matters properly discussed during executive session, will be taken following the executive session.
- 9:30 AM Convene
The Commission may deliberate in closed session on any enforcement matter on this agenda, or any matters listed in RCW 42.30.140.