Public Disclosure Commission
711 Capitol Way, Room 206
Olympia, Washington 98504
Note: All times shown for consideration of agenda items (other than time of convening) are approximate and may vary, depending on the amount of discussion required for each.
- 9:30 AM Convene and Public Comment
- 9:35 AM Approval of Meeting Minutes
- September 27, 2018 Regular Meeting Minutes
- 9:40 AM Rulemaking
- Consideration of public comment for:
- 2018 Proposed Rules Comments Chart
- 10:30 AM Enforcement—2017 F-1 Mandatory Filer Enforcement Hearings for F-1 filings
- 11:30 AM Requests for Review of Initial Orders from September 24, 2018
Brief Adjudicative Hearings for F-1 and C-1 filings
On September 24, 2018, the PDC conducted brief adjudicative hearings alleging violations of RCW 42.17A.205 and RCW 42.17A.700, for failure to file or timely file a Personal Financial Affairs Statement (F-1 report) or a Candidate Registration (C-1 report), assessing penalties according to the Brief Adjudicative Proceeding Penalty Schedule at WAC 390-37-143. Initial Orders were issued on October 5, 2018 memorializing the Presiding Officer’s rulings. Respondents request review of their Initial Orders by the Full Public Disclosure Commission, pursuant to WAC 390-37-144.
- 12:00 PM Executive Session
Discussion of matters allowed in executive session pursuant to RCW 42.30.110, including but not limited to, discussion of enforcement matters and pending and potential litigation with legal counsel. Possible action regarding pending litigation, or other matters properly discussed during executive session, will be taken following the executive session.
- 1:00 PM Enforcement Hearing
- Bruce Chandler, State Representative, 15th Legislative District (Bruce Chandler 2014, 2016, 2018 Campaigns & Surplus Funds Account), PDC Case 24627, involving alleged violations of RCW 42.17A.235 and .240 by failing to timely report contributions and expenditures, RCW 42.17A.220 by failing to timely deposit monetary contributions within five business days of receipt and RCW 42.17A.235 by failing to maintain records and books of accounts.
- 1:30 PM Enforcement and Compliance Update
- Enforcement Report – categorization and status of open complaint
- 1:40 PM Management Team Updates
- F-1 website publication update on outreach process| Peter Lavallee, Executive Director
- Legislative Update | Management Team
- Communications, Outreach and Filer Assistance update | Kim Bradford, Director of Communications and Outreach
- Annual Report Update
- Process Improvement Spotlight
- IT Activity Report | James Gutholm, Chief Technology Officer
- Strategic Plan Update | Peter Lavallee, Executive Director
- 2:00 PM Rulemaking Continued
The Commission may deliberate in closed session on any enforcement matter on this agenda, or any matters listed in RCW 42.30.140.