Public Disclosure Commission
711 Capitol Way, Room 206
Olympia, Washington 98504
Note that this agenda is subject to change. Please check the PDC website for the current version.
Note: All times shown for consideration of agenda items (other than time of convening) are approximate and may vary, depending on the amount of discussion required for each.
- 9:30 AM Convene and Public Comment
- Public Comment
- 9:40 AM Approval of Meeting Minutes
- August 20, 2019 Regular Meeting Minutes
- 9:45 AM Public Hearing on Proposed Permanent Rules to Implement SHB 1195 and ESHB 1379
- 10:45 AM Rulemaking
- 10:50 AM Financial Affairs Reporting (F-1)
- Outline of Proposed F-1 Regulatory Reform
- Update on New App for F-1 Filers
- Potential Decision on F-1 Online Accessibility
- Direct access for reports filed after Jan. 1, 2020
- Consideration of alternatives for some categories of filers
- 11:30 AM Legislative Discussion
- Working Draft of Agency-Request Bill
- Proposed Seattle ordinance related to foreign ownership interest contributors, independent expenditures, and Commercial Advertisers
- Campaign Finance Reporting: Discussion of Policy Focus for 2021
- 12:00 PM Executive Session
Discussion of matters allowed in executive session pursuant to RCW 42.30.110, including but not limited to, discussion of enforcement matters and pending and potential litigation with legal counsel, and review of performance of public employees. Possible action regarding pending litigation, or other matters properly discussed during executive session, will be taken following the executive session.
- 1:00 PM Reporting Modification Request
- Anab Abdi – Hospital Commissioner Candidate, King County Public Hospital District 1 WAC 390-28-100(1)(e) (Participation via phone)
- 1:20 PM. Enforcement—Consideration and Possible Acceptance of Stipulation
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, AFL-CIO (AFSCME), PDC Case 54145, involving allegations that AFSCME violated RCW 42.17A.250 by: (1) failing to timely file Out-of-State Committee Contribution Reports (C-5 reports) disclosing $250,000 in monetary contributions made to three political committees in Washington State during calendar years 2015 and 2016; and (2) failing to timely file C-5 reports disclosing contributions received from AFSMCE International into AFSCME’s segregated account covering the period October 1, 2014 through August 31, 2018.
- 2:00 PM Enforcement—Reconsideration
At a September 24, 2018, Brief Enforcement Hearing, Matthew Bishop, a candidate for State Senator for Legislative District 08, was found in violation of RCW 42.17A.205 for failure to timely file a Candidate Registration (C-1 report), and RCW 42.17A.700 for failure to timely file a Personal Financial Affairs Statement (F-1 report), certifying financial activities for twelve calendar months prior to becoming a candidate, both due within two weeks of becoming a candidate, or no later than June 1, 2018. At that hearing, a $500 penalty was assessed, which PDC staff requests be reconsidered by the full Public Disclosure Commission.
- 2:15 PM Enforcement Report
- Categorization and Status of Open Complaints
- Completed Investigations and Alternative Resolutions
- 2:25 PM Modification Requests/Brief Adjudicative Proceedings Heard by Presiding Officer or Full Commission - Options for Consideration
- 3:00 PM Budget
- 3:30 PM Management Team Updates
- Executive Director | Peter Lavallee
- IT Portfolio and IT Activity Report | James Gutholm, Chief Information Officer
- Communications, Outreach and Filer Assistance update | Kim Bradford, Director of Communications and Outreach
- Process Improvement Spotlight
The Commission may deliberate in closed session on any enforcement matter on this agenda, or any matters listed in RCW 42.30.140.
Read highlights of the Sept. 26, 2019 meeting here.