Are there common mistakes I want to avoid?
- Efilers filing an annual report should “start a new report” rather than amend. (Amend is used to correct information on earlier reports.)
- List each reportable investment, stock, mutual fund, 401K profit sharing plan, etc. that you owned at any time during the reporting period.
- Furthermore, itemize the holdings of investment accounts, such as mutual funds, IRAs, 401K plans, deferred compensation accounts, etc., if you made the buy and sell decisions for the account.
- When reporting asset values, always use the letter codes that represent dollar ranges and use the code that represents the highest value during the reporting period.
- Never include account numbers.
- In the space provided, be sure to include the office that you are running for, were appointed to, or hold.
- In the space provided, always list your spouse or registered domestic partner. Do not name your dependents, unless there is information to report for them.