This matter was heard by the Washington State Public Disclosure Commission
(Commission) on October 25, 2018, at the Public Disclosure Commission Office, 711 Capitol Way, Room 206, Olympia, Washington 98504. The hearing was held pursuant to Chapter 34.05 RCW, Chapter 42.17A RCW, and Chapter 390-37 WAC.
Commissioners present were Anne Levinson, Commission Chair (presiding); David Ammons, Commission Vice-Chair; and Commissioner William Downing. Also present were Assistant Attorney General John S. Meader representing the Commission; Tabatha Blacksmith and Fox Blackhom-Delph, Compliance Coordinators on behalf of PDC Staff; and Assistant Attorney General Chad Standifer representing PDC Staff. Respondent Jeff Jernigan did not
participate. The proceeding was open to the public and recorded.
The hearing concerned allegations that Respondent Jeff Jernigan violated RCW 42.17A.700 by failing to timely file a Personal Financial Affairs Statement (F-1 Report) for calendar year 2017, due not later than April 16, 20 I 8.
CONCLUSIONS OF LAW
1. The Commission has jurisdiction over this proceeding pursuant to Chapter 42.17A RCW, the State campaign finance and disclosure law; Chapter 34.05 RCW, the Administrative Procedure Act; and Title 390 WAC.
2. The Respondent violated RCW 42.17A.700 by failing to file a Personal Financial Affairs Statement (F-1 Report) disclosing personal financial information for calendar year 2017 no later than April 16, 2018.
Based upon the Findings and Conclusions, the Commission Orders that:
1. Respondent Jeff Jernigan is assessed a total civil penalty of $2,500 for violation of RCW 42.17 A.700, payable within 30 days of the date of this Order.
2. The Respondent shall pay all outstanding civil penalties and file all missing F-1 reports within 30 days of this Order.
3. The Respondent shall remain in compliance with all PDC reporting requirements.