Can the surplus funds sit in my campaign account or do I have to move them to a new account?

It depends on your plans for the funds.

  • All uses of surplus funds can be conducted directly from the campaign account with the exception of reimbursement of public office-related expenses. In that case, you must open a separate bank account and file a C1 with the PDC to register the surplus funds account.
  • If the funds are to be used for the next election, you can leave them in the same bank account and begin using them for the new election once you've filed a C1 registering the new campaign with the PDC.
  • However, once contributions for the new election are deposited into the account, the funds may no longer be considered surplus funds and may not be eligible for transfer. Contact PDC staff for additional guidance.
Migrated From ID
Migrated From URL
Target Audiences
FAQ Category