Public Disclosure Commission
711 Capitol Way, Room 206
Olympia, Washington 98504
Note that this agenda is subject to change. Please check the PDC website for the current version.
Note: All times shown for consideration of agenda items (other than time of convening) are approximate and may vary, depending on the amount of discussion required for each.
- 9:30 AM Convene and Public Comment
- Welcome to new Commissioner Fred Jarrett
- Public Comment
- 9:40 AM Approval of Meeting Minutes
- March 28, 2019 Regular Meeting Minutes
- 9:45 AM Consideration and Possible Approval of Brief Extension (3-day) of Emergency Rules for Chapter 111, Laws of 2018 (SSB 5991)
- 9:50 AM Legislative and Rules Update
- Agency Request Legislation and Rulemaking
- Other Bills of Interest
- Budget/Transparency Account
- 10:45 AM Reporting Modification Requests
- John H. Chun – Judge, Court of Appeals District 1 WAC 390-28-100(d)
- Bruce Dammeier – County Executive, Pierce County WAC 390-28-100(b)
- Laura Inveen – Judge, King County Superior Court WAC 390-28-100(e)(iv)
- Lisa Janicki – County Commissioner, Skagit County WAC 390-28-100(b) & WAC 390-28-100(e)(iv)
- Elizabeth Martin – Judge, Pierce County Superior Court WAC 390-28-100(d) & WAC 390-28-100(e)(iv)
- John R. Ruhl - Judge, King County Superior Court WAC 390-28-100(d)
- Mark Thompson – Fire Commissioner, Thurston County Fire Protection District 9 WAC 390-28-100(d)
- Lucinda Whaley – Member, Washington State Parks & Recreation Commission WAC 390-28-100(d)
- Robert Whaley – Trustee, Eastern Washington University WAC 390-28-100(d)
- Wm. Alan White – Grant County Public Hospital District 1 WAC 390-28-100(e)(iv)
- Washington State Republican Party – RCW 42.17A.235 & RCW 42.17A.240
- Washington State Democratic Central Committee - RCW 42.17A.235 & RCW 42.17A.240
- 11:05 AM Enforcement—Proposed Stipulations
- AG Water and Power Users of Grant County PDC Case 42326 involving alleged violations of (1) RCW 42.17A.205 during the 2018 primary and general elections by failing to register as a political committee, filing 178 days late.
- AG Water and Power Users of Grant County PDC Case 42398 involving alleged violations RCW 42.17A.235 and .240 by: (1) failing to timely file Monetary Contribution reports (C-3 reports) and Campaign Summary Receipts and Expenditure reports (C-4 reports) by failing to timely reports expenditures and contributions totaling $54,804, filed between 72 and 178 days late.
- 12:00 PM Executive Session
Discussion of matters allowed in executive session pursuant to RCW 42.30.110, including but not limited to, discussion of enforcement matters and pending and potential litigation with legal counsel. Possible action regarding pending litigation, or other matters properly discussed during executive session, will be taken following the executive session.
- 1:00 PM Enforcement and Compliance Update
- Enforcement Report – Categorization and Status of Open Complaints
- Completed Investigations and Alternative Resolutions
- 1:20 PM Strategic Plan Update
- 1:30 PM Management Team Updates
- Executive Director | Peter Lavallee, Executive Director
- Communications, Outreach and Filer Assistance update | Kim Bradford, Director of Communications and Outreach
- Proposed Stakeholder Engagement Plan for Commission Consideration of F-1 Online Publication
- IT Activity Report | James Gutholm, Chief Technology Officer
- Agency Policies | Sean Flynn, General Counsel
- Process Improvement Spotlight
The Commission may deliberate in closed session on any enforcement matter on this agenda, or any matters listed in RCW 42.30.140.