Donating to your own campaign
If you choose full reporting, then any money that you contribute to or spend on your campaign must be reported – even if you accept no donations from anyone else.
There are several scenarios:
- Your funds go into the campaign bank account and the campaign wants the option to pay you back.
- Your funds go into the campaign bank account and there will be no repayment to you.
- You spend your own money on the campaign, and are paid back within 21 days.
- You spend your own money on the campaign, and the campaign may pay you back after 21 days
- You spend your own money on your campaign and will not be reimbursed.
This series of 5 filer tips walks you through how to enter each of these transactions using ORCA software.
Scenario 1: Optional pay back
Scenario 2: No repayment
Scenario 3: Payback within 21 days
Scenario 4: Payback after 21 days
Scenario 5: Spend your own money on your campaign; no reimbursement