April 5, 2019
The bottom section of an F-1 personal financial affairs statement has yes or no questions, and the last couple are about you or your family members receiving free meals, travel, or training. 
If you answer “yes,” you’ll have to fill out part of the supplement form.  If you’re using the electronic form, the supplement that you need to fill out will appear when you answer “yes” to one of those questions. 
A few things to keep in mind:
  • The questions about food, travel, and training are only for officials filing their annual report. If you are a new candidate who doesn’t hold office or if you are filing as someone who was newly appointed in 2019, you don’t have to answer them or do that part of the supplement.
  • Meals or travel that were paid for by friends or family, if they have nothing to do with the office that you hold, don’t have to be reported.
  • If you, your spouse, or dependents receive food, travel, or training from an employer as part of that other job, you don’t have to report that on the F-1.