Are you thinking of running for office? What in the disclosure law determines that you are a candidate?
By doing any one of these actions, you have become a candidate:
- Accept a contribution or spend money for your campaign,
- Reserve space or purchase advertising to promote your candidacy,
- Authorize someone else to do any of these activities for you,
- State publicly that you are seeking office,
- File a declaration of candidacy.
Once you have become a candidate, you have two weeks to file a Personal Financial Affairs Statement (F-1) and a Candidate Registration (C-1) with the PDC. (An incumbent officeholder who has filed an F-1 earlier in the year does not need to file a second F-1 in the same year after becoming a candidate).
Visit the PDC File Online page at https://www.pdc.wa.gov/learn/file-online for the F-1, C-1, and other reports. Visit the PDC Guides and Training Videos page at https://www.pdc.wa.gov/learn/publications for helpful manuals, brochures, and videos.