Selecting the right modification application
State law allows filers of the F-1 Personal Financial Affairs Statement to seek a modification or suspension of reporting some information. In an effort to streamline the reporting modification application process, the PDC has developed applications tailored to certain kinds of requests.
If you have previously received a modification and need to ask for a renewal, please use the modification short form.
- Serve as an officer, director or trustee of an organization, association or union?
- Consider it a "manifestly unreasonable hardship" to report the names of business customers or governmental agencies that paid $12,000 or more to that organization?
- Does that hardship involve:
- a confidentiality agreement,
- the possibility of a competitive disadvantage,
- large customer volume,
- limited staff resources, or
- an inability to sort the customer list?
If you answered "yes" to the above questions and this is the only exemption you will request, please use the form for ownership interest modification.
Lawyers and law firms
- Own or work at a law firm?
- Consider it a "manifestly unreasonable hardship" to report all of the firm's business customers or governmental agencies that paid $12,000 or more, other than your own?
- Agree to disclose the purpose of all payments and the actual dollar amount the law firm received from the governmental unit in which you seek or hold office?
If you answered "yes" to the above questions and this is the only exemption you will request, please use the form for a law firm clients modification.
Other types of requests
If you need to request another kind of modification or multiple modifications, please use the general modification application.
For a fuller discussion of the situations covered by a reporting modification, see our F-1 instructions. A FAQ is also available here.