At the start of the campaign, nearly all candidates will file a Personal Financial Affairs Statement.  Basically a conflict of interest statement, elected officials continue to file the F-1 annually each year they remain in office.  Find more details in the the Instructions for Personal Financial Affairs.

Most candidates will be required to register a campaign regularly disclose contributor and expenditure information. Filing requirements are determined by the office sought and how much money the candidate expects to raise and spend:   

  • A candidate for state office must file the registration (PDC Form C-1) and personal financial affairs statement (PDC Form F-1). 
  • A candidate for local office that covers an entire county must file the registration (PDC Form C-1) and personal financial affairs statement (PDC Form F-1).  
  • ​A candidate for a local office that does not include the entire county files the F-1, if there are at least 2,000 registered voters in the jurisdiction. The candidate also files the C-1 if there are at least 5,000 registered voters in the jurisdiction or the candidate expects to raise $5,000 for the campaign.

Not accepting contributions does not relieve a candidate from filing a C-1.

Candidates who report contributions will be required to comply with accelerated disclosure requirements for contributions of $1,000 or more received immediately before an election.

Where to Submit Reports

Campaign reports are filed with the PDC, and there are online filing options for all reports.  A candidate who spends or expects to spend at least $5,000 is required to electronically file campaign reports.  The PDC provides free software to candidates that may be used to register the campaign and report contributions and expenditures.

Local Filing Requirements:  

The PDC staff is not aware of any other local filing requirements.

Need Help?

Send questions to the PDC's online help desk.