The Law Requires:

You must disclose for yourself, spouse or RDP, and dependents:

  • occupation, name of employer, and business address, and
  • The name and address of each governmental entity, corporation, partnership, joint venture, sole proprietorship, association, union, or other business or commercial entity from whom compensation has been received during the reporting period in any form of at least $2,400; the value of the compensation; and the consideration given or performed in exchange for the compensation. . . .

RCW 42.17A.710(1)(a) and (f).


"Compensation" means payment in any form for real or personal property or services of any kind.  In other words, you disclose:

  • the name(s) and address(s) of your employer or employers during the reporting period as well as those of your spouse or registered domestic partner, dependent children and other dependent relatives living with you;
  • your occupations or the reasons you or your relatives received the income; and
  • the names and addresses of other (non-employer) businesses and government agencies -- but not individuals -- that compensated you, your spouse or registered domestic partner, or your dependent relatives $2,400 or more during the reporting period.  (For example, if you sold your pleasure boat to a business, you'd identify the buyer and specify a Dollar Code.  If an individual purchased your boat, the sale would not be reported.)

Typical sources of income or compensation are:

  • Your employers (Also show your occupation and the proper Dollar Code for gross compensation received.  Include deferred compensation earned during the reporting period when selecting the appropriate dollar code.)  Stock options received as part of a compensation package should also be reported using the value when granted or describing the number of shares optioned.
  • Employers who paid your spouse or registered domestic partner or dependents $2,400 or more during the reporting period.  Show names and addresses of employers, occupations and appropriate Dollar Codes.  If the employer was an individual - meaning not a commercial or government entity - no reporting of compensation received from that employer is needed.)
  • Other business or government sources from which you or your family received $2,400 or more during the reporting period. For instance, you'd report the following income and identify the source if you or a family member received $2,400 or more from:
    • Social Security income
    • sale of personal property to a business or government agency
    • strike benefits
    • salary for government service (Do not include travel or other office expense reimbursements.)  
    • government assistance or subsidies (welfare, child support, disability compensation, farm subsidies, etc., but not payments received for foster child care)
  • unemployment compensation
  • rent or lease payments for real property
  • partnership income
  • trust income received by the beneficiary
  • compensation received by trustee for managing the trust
  • educational scholarships that are taxable as income
  • sales commissions (Show the identity of each business and government entity whose purchases generated a commission of $2,400 or more in the aggregate during the reporting period as well as the identity of the business that actually paid the commissions, usually your employer or that of a family member; attach a list of these sources of income to your F-1 form if the space provided in Part 1 is insufficient.)
  • retirement income (unless it appears in Part 3)
  • honoraria, travel expenses (received as compensation for speeches or other appearances, rather than as reportable food, travel or seminars)

Note: If you or a family member sold real estate during the reporting period, you need not include the purchaser's name as a source of income because you will disclose this information in the Real Estate section below.  However, if the sale took place before the reporting period, the property was bought by a business or government agency, and you or a family member realized $2,400 or more during the reporting period from this earlier sale, the purchaser should be listed as a source of income in Part 1 of this report.

example of F-1, Section 1