After you've repaid any loans to the campaign, whatever's left is surplus campaign funds. There are seven ways that you may use that leftover money.
Some of those ways are:
- Donate to a charity registered with the Secretary of State's office.
- Leave the surplus funds in the campaign account for use in a future election campaign.
- Return contributions to your contributors (using last in, first out rule)
- Transfer without limit to a political party or legislative caucus committee.
- Deposit into a separate Surplus Funds Account and then use it to pay non-reimbursed public office-related expenses, if elected.
For more information on how you can spend surplus campaign funds, check out Surplus Funds FAQ.