Frequently asked questions for persons who may be required to file a statement of financial affairs with the PDC.


Will my report be available online?

Yes. F-1s filed after Dec. 31, 2019, are available on the PDC website. Older F-1s are provided upon request.

Can I have the filing requirement waived?

Not entirely.  The Public Disclosure Commission may modify the reporting requirements to exempt you from completing a particular section(s) of the report, if it decides that the law works a "manifestly unreasonable hardship on the filer" and the "modification will not frustrate the purposes" of the disclosure law. Requests for modification typically come from filers who have a personal safety concern and want to exclude their primary residence's location, or filers who are partners in or owners of a business who would face a competitive disadvantage by disclosing the names of their business customers.

Answers to common questions about modifications are available here. Filers also should consult the reporting modification standards and our guide to selecting the correct reporting modification application

Are instructions online?

Do I have to file electronically?

Yes. As of May 2019, state law requires electronic filing when the PDC has made an efiling option available.

Are there common mistakes I want to avoid?

  • List each reportable investment, stock, mutual fund, 401K profit sharing plan, etc. that you owned at any time during the reporting period.
  • Furthermore, itemize the holdings of investment accounts, such as IRAs, 401K plans, deferred compensation accounts, etc., if you made the buy and sell decisions for the account.
  • Never include account numbers.
  • Indicate the Commission has granted you a reporting modification or you are eligible for the principal residence exemption if neither apply. F-1 statements that attest to either will be flagged for review by PDC staff.