Creating a User Account in the Electronic Application
Someone who will be filing reports for lobbyists and/or lobbyist employers must get access to the electronic filing system. This is done by first setting up a user account. The current system is not specific to a single lobbyist/firm or lobbyist employer. This means that individuals who are filing for more than one lobbyist/firm and/or lobbyist employer may do so through ONE user account. If the user has already set up a user account, please proceed to one of the next steps to either set up a new lobbyist/firm or to link an existing lobbyist/firm or employer.
- Go to the electronic filing system for lobbyists and lobbyist employers.
- If this is the first time accessing the electronic filing system, please take a few minutes to watch the video about how to set up your account.
- At the next page, click on the Create a new account located at left.
- In the User account page, complete the following;
- Email address (This must be a valid email address. All correspondence from the filing system will be sent to this address. The email is not made public and will only be used to activate the account, get a new password or to receive news or notifications by email).
- Account Name: Full legal name (of user)
- Telephone number (of user)
- Address (of user)
- Put a check mark in the "I certify" box
- Click Create account
- An email will be sent with additional instructions to complete the user account setup.
- Log in to your email provider at the email address you provided above. In your Inbox look for an email from PDC with the subject "PDC new account information."
- Open the email where you will find a message that reads "Use the link below to access your account for the first time and set your password. This link can only be used once." You MUST use the link provided within 24 hours of receiving the initial email.
- Click on the link provided.
- At the next page entitled "Reset Password," click the "Log in" icon.
- A password for the new user account must now be entered in the "Password" field and again in the "Confirm password" field.
- Click the "Save" icon. The user account is now set up and will take the user to their home page, where linking may be done to existing accounts, new lobbyists/firms may be added and new lobbyist employers may be added.